[3830] ARRL 160 K7TJR M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 11 16:06:53 EST 2006

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7TJR
Operator(s): K7TJR K7ZUM
Station: K7TJR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR

Total:  QSOs = 768  Sections = 74  Countries = 13  Total Score = 145,725

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Activity seemed a little down this year or we were a little older?  Was very
happy to hear yv5 pj2 c6 zf2 ps7 hp1 ua0 v73 kl7 kv4 vy2 p40 xe kh6 and hi3. I
heard vo1 but could not get his attention. Worked 54 Ja stations as well, way
down from the 124 in CQ 160. Missed NL NLI NNY NT PR MB.I picked up RI at the
very last moments of the contest. I think my 14 different  Rx antennas slowed
us down a little in the early a.m. hours. I have a permanent groove worn in the
switch panel from rotating the selector knob. I am now experimenting with
diversity Rx on the Orion and I think that might be the answer to our
multi-directional problem. K7ZUM could only be here for one day so I flew it
alone night 2. I had the internet cluster on but found it to be no use at all.
I found all the dx I could work just by making s/p runs up and down the band.
The only exception was a post I saw from zl6qh of my signal early in the morn
when the rx antennas were still focused on the US. I later looked for him but
no luck. I could hear some really weak stations calling from the pacific but
just could not make them out. Hmm perhaps time for position 15 on the Rx
antenna switch hi hi. Great contest and thanks to all except the guy that
blatantly stole my frequency by sliding right down on top and I was using a 200
Hz window. He never even hiccuped except when I sent LID zero beat. Allready
looking for the next 160 event..