[3830] ARRL 10 VE6CNU SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 11 21:48:05 EST 2006

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Calgary

   CW:  55     16
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  55     16  Total Score = 3,520

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

I wasn't planning on doing this contest as I never hear anything on 10m (even
though I have a TH6 at 40').  I listened at the start and heard nothing.  I
listened several times on Saturday and heard nothing.  Then, mysteriously on
Sunday afternoon, I heard signals on 10m!  I found a spot to call CQ and in
about 1.5 hours I managed my 55 QSOs.  This about equals the number of 10m QSOs
I've had in the past two years!  Then, just as sudden, the band dropped out and
silence again.  The only stations I heard (and worked) were two from New
Zealand and after a few minutes even they died out.  I'll have to try this
contest again next year, as there is only one direction to go!

Thank you for the couple of spots and hope to see everyone in the RAC winter
contest later this month.

Jerry
VE6CNU