[3830] CQWW CW RU1A M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 27 15:06:34 EST 2006

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: RU1A
Operator(s): RU1AA,RW1AC,RA1AIP,RK1AM,RA1AR,UA1ACC,UA1ARX.UA1AKC
Station: RU1A

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: nr Saint Petersburg

  160:  957    31      103
   80: 1397    38      132
   40: 1892    38      137
   20: 1491    38      143
   15:  569    33      125
   10:  364    80       25

160   80     40     20     15

JA    | AS |   18 |   50 |  183 |  125 |   13 |      |   389
K     | NA |  120 |  186 |  279 |  393 |   85 |      |  1063
VE    | NA |    9 |   13 |   15 |   29 |    2 |      |    68

Both CQ WW SSB/CW was a disappointment this year because of the bad
propagation.
After the successful last year's WW CW (First Place EU M/2) we decided to
improve our setup.
This time that was a 40 meters project. We build a monster 4 element, 24 meters
boom yagi
and H-type stacked four of them fixed to US. The top two are rotatable
thought.
This is a copy of our 20m and 10m stacks, which played perfectly.
We spended every weekend in the entire Summer finishing the job.
The Antenna came out perfect. The difference between a single four element
antenna
in regular (no Aurora) propagation is 1-2 S-units!
(for more details go to:
http://ru1a.ru/new/rus/photoalbum.php?antennas/40m_4x4y/ )

160:
The major improvement althought was to cross the 100 countrys and 30 zones line
on the Top Band.
UA1ARX's unique operating skills gave us a boost in 160m band performance.

80:
Alex, RU1AA is a very good and trained operator, who specializing in EME Q's,
took an 80m band and for the first time in his life worked 38 zones,
with a 99% chance forking all 40 of them! We heard 5H3EE and Zone 6 (Mexico)
and
even tried to work them, but unfortunately the propagation was not on our side
this year.
We worked a small amount of US stations  with three element wire-yagi...

40:
Our 40m antenna helped us work US during the daytime via the short path,
but the technical problems with the receiving did not gave us
a chance to use this antenna in full potential.

15:
We worked only 13 JA's for the entire contest on 15 mtrs!
Being so close to the East and having such a good antennas for this band didn't
help at all!

10:
As usual 10 meters gave us a chance to work a few mults from the Carribean,
but we didn't worked a single State Side station...

Congrats to the EA6IB and IR4X with their fantastic results and thanks for the
competition!