[3830] TBDC WA2MNO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 31 16:28:00 EST 2006

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: WA2MNO
Operator(s): WA2MNO
Station: WA2MNO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 5:06

Total:  QSOs = 130  Total Score = 375

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

This is the first time I've operated in the Stew Perry contest. It was fun to
see the distance points for stations worked. I heard P40W and the GM3 stations
but with 100w and an inverted L, not very high off the ground, I couldn't work
them. Running worked a couple of times but only for short periods. S&P was the
primary mode of operation.

One additional note. The stuttering CW problem I had with Writelog has been
isolated to running the program in XP (which I have tried booting XP with no
other programs, system.ini or win.ini loaded and still had the problem). I
installed Writelog in Win98 and CW works perfectly. This is on the same
computer using dual boot to bring up 98 or XP.