[3830] MnQP AC0W Mobile/Portable LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 5 21:24:23 EST 2006

                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: AC0W
Operator(s): AC0W
Station: AC0W

Class: Mobile/Portable LP
QTH: MN

  160:
   80:     123
   40:     523
-------------------------
Total:     646       0  Mults = 52  Total Score = 67,184

Thanks to everyone for call and working me. Also thanks for putting up with my
repeats and some of the errors that were sent. Sitting in the back seat of a
short wheel base SUV on rough road and typing on a laptop keyboard not a good
combination. A lot of hitting the wrong keys. This is also why at times there
was a delay in responding to your report, I was fixing the typing mistakes.

The bad part was a couple of times a bounce and the F11 key got hit instead of
enter. So instead of recording the QSO it was erased completely, meaning a
request for repeat all over.

In the check out prior to the contest found the antenna did not work on 20
meters. Didn't get fixed so no Q's there. Sorry about that to the stations
looking for us there.

Murphy visited us at the start so the first Q didn't get into the log until 1448
UTC. As a result of this and other issues, we changed course resulting in
bypassing Houston and Fillmore Counties and adding Olmstead. Plus ran out of
time to make it into Le Sueur, too long of a lunch break.

First time as a mobile op and had a great time.

Also thanks to AD0W for the mobile set-up and driving.

73
Bill
AC0W