[3830] NA Sprint CW W4EF(@W6UE) HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 11 23:47:07 EST 2006

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W6UE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC 1

Comments:

Started out good, but seemed to lose it progressively as time
went on. First time SO2R in many Sprints (N6AN was at XE1NTT/2
so I decided to operate W6UE for a change). SO2R was probably
more of a distraction than a help - especially towards the end
(remind me to wear a bib to catch the drool next time I do
Sprint with SO2R).

Station worked pretty well except when I tried pointing
the 20 meter Yagi northwest. This seemed to freak out the
keying circuit and make my sidetone buzz horibbly. Don't
know if it showed up on my signal. Decided not to tempt fate,
so I kept the antenna northeast.

Nice to work many familiar calls and some new ones as well.

73, Mike W4EF (@W6UE)