[3830] NA Sprint CW N6TR HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 12 00:41:33 EST 2006

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N6TR
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: N6TR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR

---------------------

Club: Boring Amateur Radio Club

Team: Corner Pocketeers

Comments:

Extra challenge this time dodging the 3Y pileups in addition to the RTTY
operators on 40 meters.  Made most of my 40 meter QSOs below 7025.  80 meters
was the only band that felt good for me.

First hour fizzled during the second half hour - made 59 QSOs in the first 30
minutes, but only 37 in the second 30 minutes.  My four hours ended up as
96/98/95 and 79.  Went to 80 really early (0210) to save my 3rd hour, but ran
out of people to work near the end (except N4OGW who I finally nabbed - only to
have the QSO QRM'd by someone sending QSY over and over).

Activity seemed to be down - probably because of the RTTY contest, the 3Y
operation and bad WX.  Maybe we should move this contest to the week after ARRL
DX CW?

Rigs - 2 x TS850S - Viewstar PT-2500A and Henry 2K Classic

Antennas - 4 ele 20 @ 72 feet east
           5 ele 20 @ 45 feet south-east
           3 ele 20 @ 85 feet north
           3 ele 40 @ 106 feet east