[3830] NA Sprint CW K1USC LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 12 11:55:08 EST 2006

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K1USC
Operator(s): K1USC
Station: K1USC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alta Loma, CA

---------------------
Total:  55     Mults = 14  Total Score = 770

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC 1

Comments:

Took a while to make my first contact.  It was tough trying to get up to speed
and then catching someone before they were taken & gone. 20 meters was fast at
the start of the contest so I went to 40M to get started and eased into it. Once
all the speed demons had worked each other, it slowed down to something
recognizable that I could work. I got into a groove after an hour or so, but
still a tough process. thanks to all for QRS'ing and the repeats.  Even folks
I've worked in other contests, my brain needed repeats to get the names right.
My goal here was to get more experience at copying CW in stressful conditions.
It helped and I feel ready to take on next week's contest as part of a
Multi-Multi group here in So. Cal. I'll still be the slow one in the group, but
I'm improving.