[3830] RTTY WPX W7WHY SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 12 21:12:12 EST 2006

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OR

   80:   54  122
   40:   40   92
   20:  205  327
   15:   12   51
   10:
-----------------
Total:  311  562  Prefixes = 174  Total Score = 97,788

Well, that was fun!  Got some operating time in between other commitments.  This
is the most Q's I've made in a contest so far this year.  Conditions seemed
pretty good for a change.  I was actually able to hold a frequency for a couple
of hours and run Saturday afternoon.  This is a fun contest for SO2R, but think
I probably made too many band changes. I will probably be reclassified as a
multi station.  Oh well, it was good practice.  Not going to win anything
anyway, but sure had a lot of fun

Sunday afternoon I worked a bunch of stations with less than 50 Q's, so lot of
new guys and gals getting on to have some fun.  That is great for the
participation.

The 20 meter beam was stuck pointed SE till Saturday night.  Heard Brett, VR2BG,
and tried to work him off the back of the beam.  Couldn't get him so I climbed
the tower and fixed the broken wire.  Got the antenna turned his way and never
heard him again.  Worked a bunch of JA stations tho'.

Thanks for all the Q's and for CQ for a fun contest.  73
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1   TS-450SAT and RASCAL
Radio 2   FT-840 and Rascal

80 meter center fed with twinlead