[3830] RTTY WPX K0FJ M/S HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 13 08:52:04 EST 2006

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K0FJ
Operator(s): K0FJ, K0BJ, KC0VTF
Station: K0FJ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Colby, KS

   80:  249   595
   40:  268   780
   20:  702  1301
   15:    4    11
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total: 1223  2684  Prefixes = 451  Total Score = 1,210,484

K0BJ and new Ham KC0VTF met at K0FJ’s QTH for this years WPX RTTY contest.
Regular RTTY member K0QP was not able to assist due to another conflict.  Jeff –
KC0VTF has been a newly re-licensed ham for 4 weeks.  On Saturday morning while
K0BJ worked the contest, K0FJ and his VE Team tested Jeff and another local Ham
for their General Class License.  Jeff had the code successfully taken with his
Technician test and passed the General theory with lots of room to spare.

This was Jeff’s first RTTY contest and he enjoyed running WriteLog connected to
K0FJ’s Icom 756 Pro and tri-band  beam.  DX-Telnet is interfaced to WriteLog to
make tracking new mults fun.  RTTY contesting from a city lot with a SB-220 is
fun.  The neighbors don’t notice the amp on RTTY.  Special thanks to K0FJ’s xyl,
N0OXP who looses the upstairs TV from the high power operation.  Working contact
number 599 proved interesting as the recipient was sure we had lost all are
marbles.  An e-mail a few minutes later from him laughed about handing around
till we worked # 600 to make sure we were on the straight and level.

Look for this crew later this year on RTTY.  Thanks for all the contacts and an
enjoyable weekend.

K0FJ