[3830] RTTY WPX KW2O(N2FF) SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 13 10:54:27 EST 2006

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KW2O
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: East Williston, NY

   80:  136   316
   40:  199   628
   20:  275   609
   15:   53   104
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total:  663  1657  Prefixes = 327  Total Score = 541,839

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

All this during the Blizzard of 2006 with my quad at 30 feet due to high wind
gusts and blowing snow.  We had twenty plus inches of snow by contest end here
just a few miles east of New York City.  At the end of the first 24 hours I had
334 QSO's and at the end of the contest I had 663 total.  It is not supposed to
be that way.  Day two never really let up. When I ran out of calls to work I
ran.  My goal before the contest was to get 500 QSO's with low power.  I kept
pushing it higher and higher as the contest went on.  I think conditions were
better on day two.  Forty meters was really great and I even worked a JA there
which is not easy from here and the fact that my slooper points to EU. We were
hearing EU stations about 1 Pm local time and working them by 4PM local. Running
accounted for 37% of my QSO's.
I had fun using the Owls club call as a disguise. Perhpas next year will be an
SO2R effort.  Thanks to all the guys and gals for hearing and working me.  It
sure was better than shoveling snow.