[3830] NA Sprint CW N6WG QRP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 14 11:11:57 EST 2006

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA

   80:   24       1
   40:   38    1.25
   20:   38    1.75
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #2

Comments:

SPRINT was really tough chewing this time.  I made a strategic error
in spending way too much time CQing.  Should have focused on S&P
with just the occasional CQ following a S&P QSO.  Still, I only missed
my previous best by 4 QSOs, so I don't feel too bad.  As we say in
bowling, at least I beat my average :-)

Mults seemed a lot harder to come by this time.  I see a lot of
others noticed this too.  I was down 9 mults from last year.  Worked
no VEs at all, but I did hear one VE7.  Holiday from radio up there?

I hope in the future the various contests can be a bit better
coordinated, so we don't have this horrible cat fight going on
for QSO room.  This was just ridiculous.

Anyway, as usual, Sprint was a great "learning experience".  Now
getting ready for the upcoming ARRL DX contest.
Hope for better condx.
Thanks for the Qs and see you on the air.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude