[3830] RTTY WPX NW2B(NO2T) SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 14 11:35:44 EST 2006

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NW2B
Operator(s): NO2T
Station: NW2B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NJ

   80:  136   330
   40:  207   728
   20:  656  1597
   15:   63   142
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total: 1062  2797  Prefixes = 479  Total Score = 1,339,763

Club: East Coast DX Assn

Comments:

Used NW2B's station. FT-1000MP MK-V and IC-781. Amps: Alpha 77 and Heath
SB-1000.
Started very slow. Had RF in the shack on 40 and 80 meters limiting me to less
than 100 watts. Computer locked up and needed rebooting many times. Added
ferrites to no avail. Finaly snift with a RF probe to find 2+ volts near the
keyboard cable. ran a ground from the computer to radio #1. Then decided to
check my station ground. Ha Ha! Some critter chewed the braid through! Fixed
that and the RF problem was gone. Got back into the contest and played catch-up.
Saturday and Sunday 20 was wild. Rates were very high, but getting the calls
needed my full concentration so ignored the second radio (on 15) for the most
part. Looking at the log shows that radio 2 was used for onlly 3% of the Q's.
Not good! Need to get on the ball and use both radios more to be competitive.

73 de Jerry at NW2B