[3830] RTTY WPX VE3RM M/2 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 14 19:52:49 EST 2006

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VE3RM
Operator(s): LW8EXF, VE3AP/LU7DW, VE3IAY, VE3RM
Station: VE3RM

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: ON

   80:  336  1428
   40:  456  2282
   20:  668  1784
   15:  144   338
   10:    8    19
-----------------
Total: 1612  5851  Prefixes = 585  Total Score = 3,422,835

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Multi-two using N1MM Logger version 6.2.0. One radio was an FT-1000MP, the other
a TS-940, both into legal limit amplifiers. The 250 Hz filter and variable
bandpass tuning in the FT-1KMP were definitely advantageous. We were truly
two-radio for a little over half the contest, one-radio for most of the rest.

We had two digital windows open for each radio, the first one from a PK-232, the
second one from MMTTY. The PK-232 and sound card were running off the same
audio. Whenever MMTTY had better copy than the PK-232, we had to enter the data
by hand instead of being able to click on it - nevertheless, it was certainly
worth having set this up, as it turned out.

MMTTY performed much better than the PK-232s, often giving readable copy when
the PK-232s printed only garble. MMTTY is also much easier to program and use;
we never really got the PK-232 macros set up quite the way we would have liked.
Next time, assuming we get the FSK keying interfaces set up for it, it would be
better to have MMTTY in the primary windows with the PK-232s as backups, if at
all.