[3830] ARRLDX CW N0KE SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 19:55:27 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N0KE
Operator(s): N0KE
Station: N0KE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CO

  160:   11     9
   10:   15     9
-------------------
Total:  508   215  Total Score = 327,660

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

My first contest at my new QTH using temporary wire and vertical antennas. Beams
to be in place by the next contest season! Rig FT1000MP plus Dentron Cliperton L
at about 7-800w.
I'm pleased with the results considering conditions and most QSOs were made on a
Butternut HF6V with 4 33 ft radials.  Also a 80m dipole and for 160 a B&W AC
1.8-30MHz wire V antenna. I'd appreciate to hear from anyone who knows anything
about this device. I got it from a deceased ham relative's wife and can't get
much information from the B&W web site. The antenna is less than 1.7:1 over all
ham bands from 160 thru 10m. It is a inverted V 110 ft long with 25 ft apex. You
feed at one ground end with what appears to be a balum with one side to ground.
At the far end is a mystery balun lloking device called a "balancing network" to
ground. There is a counterpoise wire on the ground between the two ground rods.
It definitely isn't a killer on any band but at least works on all bands without
a tunner. It was my only antenna for 160 and worked 11 stations in 9 DXCC.