[3830] ARRLDX CW K7RL SOSB/40 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 01:14:32 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  657    95  Total Score = 187,245

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

This is my first serious attempt at a CW contest.  Not that I’m new to the mode,
or don’t like it; rather it’s about code speed, and lack thereof.  Even at 26
wpm, it felt like traveling in the slow lane.  I’m amazed at all the great CW
ops!  Fantastic!

The first night brought an excellent opening into EU that lasted well past their
sunrise – I must say, what a distinct pleasure working a DX contest, simplex, in
the “broadcast free” part of the band!  The second night brought a shorter EU
opening, but much improved JA propagation.  40m can certainly be the proverbial
“box of chocolates.”

My compliments and gratitude to the those CW ops that patiently stuck with me
during repeat requests.  Copying code through deep QSB and flutter is quite a
challenge!

Thanks to all for the Q!

73 de Mitch, K7RL