[3830] ARRLDX CW K5PTC(N1LN) SOAB(A) HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 04:13:40 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K5PTC
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: TX

  160:    0     0
   10:    5     1
-------------------
Total:  431   194  Total Score = 250,842

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

This was the beginning weekend for taking the station apart to prepare for the
upcoming move to North Carolina.  Station 2 is off the air, several antennas are
disconnected, stack matches are in a pile and about 600' of coax is back on
spools and just waiting to be reinstalled.

Knowing my schedule would be limited, I decided to participate in a differenct
way - the occasional operator mode.   I spent only 7.5 hrs operating of entire
48, and had lots of fun giving out some Qs. If I wanted to stay on a pile-up
with a new and rare mult I could - and did a few times.  I did both packet
assisted S/P and manual S/P but very little running as I only would operate
about 1 hr at a time.

Anyway, it was fun, and it has been fun operating from Texas, and I am looking
forward to getting the new station built and on the air from Chapel Hill, NC.

This just might be the last time the Pesky Texan Contest Club callsign is
used.

73,
Bruce - N1LN
(K5PTC - Pesky Texan Contest Club)