[3830] ARRLDX CW K7GK(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 14:58:44 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7GK
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR

   10:   13     8
-------------------
Total: 1524   318  Total Score = 1,453,896

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

What a strange contest. Much better than expected propagation to EU,
especially on low bands, made up for the decline in high bands and JA
activity. As a result, the final score is just under last year's total
(1.45M to 1.56M in 2005).
First night 80 meter EU openings were fantastic, both short and long path.
The fact that on 40 more EUs than JAs made it in the log speaks for itself.
I want to thank everyone who moved for me, especially SM5INC, who did so
despite competing in a single-band entry. Thanks, Johnny.
I also appreciated working Pacific expeditions (ZK1NOU and V7/K7ZZ come to
mind), who make it a bit more interesting being here on the left coast.

And finally I want to thank Brad and Ruth for their amazing hospitality.

73, Denis - K7GK