[3830] ARRLDX CW G3TXF SOSB/20 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 15:40:52 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: G3TXF
Operator(s): G3TXF
Station: G3TXF

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Devon

   20: 1520    58
Total: 1520    58  Total Score = 264,480

ARRL CW - always a great weekend!

A repeat of last year's 20m Single Op High Power entry was made again this
year.

This year's QSO mix between Saturday (940 Q's) and Sunday (580 Q's) was more
even than the 1,042/Sat and 393/Sun in ARRL CW last year (2005).

The overall QSO (net) total was up slightly from 1,435 in 2005 to 1,520 in 2006.
The claimed score is also up a tad.

However a major disappointment this year was missing the VE4-Manitoba Mult -
(VE4YU where were you?), leaving me with 58 worked Mults and 5 missing Mults
(i.e the usual four hard-core "toughy" Canadian Mults : NWT, NU, YT and LAB,
plus, sadly, VE4).

Conditions seemed to pick up towards the end on Sunday afternoon.

The operating time on Saturday was 1000z to 2130z, and from 1005z to 2200z on
the Sunday. I may well have left the operating chair a bit too early on both
days, but particularly on the Sunday, where there was still probably a few more
QSOs to be had after 22z.

Total operating time (according to CT) was 22 hours, but "sitting in operating
chair" time was 23.5 hours.

73 - Nigel G3TXF