[3830] ARRLDX CW N1DC SOSB/20 LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 20 22:39:52 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: Braintree MA

Total:  432    80  Total Score = 103,680

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I decided to try a single band effort this year. I debated between 20 and 40 all
week and finally decided on 20. I was very happy with my results especially
since I only operated 16 of the 48 hours. I broke through many pileups by
shifting my transmit frequency 100Hz from the DX station's transmit frequency. I
worked many stations on the first call using this technique including S9SS,
V26G, and V31TP.

I only heard a few Africans despite listening carefully and calling CQ with the
beam pointed that way. I never heard VK or ZL. I did work about 8 JA's but
expected to hear many more. Surprisingly, I didn't hear much from South America
either working only a few stations including only 1 LU and 4 PY's. This was
lowest SA QSO count for me in more than 30 years of contesting.

This was a serious S&P effort for me this year with occasional small runs
calling CQ.

My station is modest running 80W on 20M to a 4 element tribander at 32 ft.
I'm located on a hillside with a clear shot to the horizon from East to West.

Equipment:
TenTec Paragon 80W
HyGain Explorer 14 tribander @ 32ft
Dell PC running CT

Thanks for all the QSO's, especially the many outstanding QRP OP's.

73, Rick    Braintree, MA   member YCCC