[3830] ARRLDX CW W0UO SOAB LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 21 12:49:55 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W0UO
Operator(s): W0UO
Station: W0UO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Texas

Total: 1063   320  Total Score = 1,020,480

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

For the second time this year I was hampered by line noise (S5 or better from 90
to 180 and from 180 to 270).  TXU has been slow to respond this year, but I am
in hopes that we can get it fixed before August!!

My second radio (an IC761) was not functional, it has an intermittent, heat
related problem which looks like filter blowby, but is more complicated than
that.

That said, I had a hard time pulling my own strings and spent too much time S&P
and not near enough calling CQ.

My goal this year was to increase my time on the air, which I did by 5 hours,
during which I was not necessarily fully functional!!  I slept 13 hours straight
after the contest!

A shower, shave, nice long walk and a trip to Starbucks sure hit the spot on
Monday.

73 de Jim
W0UO/5