[3830] ARRLDX CW PI4TUE M/S HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 21 15:30:08 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: PI4TUE
Operator(s): PC5A, PA5MW
Station: PI4TUE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JO21

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2171   226  Total Score = 1,471,938

Boy what great fun this contest is every year !

Being with only two ops we decided to still give it our best. And we are very
happy as this was our best result so far. Some experimenting + home made stuff
turned out to work nicely. Some minor things in antenna's and used strategy
still need attention in the future.
Murphy thought it was hilarious to introduce a measurable resistance of 900 Ohm
into a 200ft run of RG213, just about an hour and a half before the start of the
contest (23:30 local). That required us to enter the roof and climb to the 160m
sloper coax connection and have it changed by some RG58. Sure it was dark
outside, sure it was raining,sure it was windy at 220ft etc. But apart from that
we really had a ball.
We are looking forward to the SSB game in 2 weeks from now. Then we will have
some more of those phone guys entering the party as well.

Location:
220ft high building (Faculty of electrical engineering, Technical University Of
Eindhoven.

Antenna's:
160m  1/4 sloper @220ft
80/40m full size inv vee's @240ft