[3830] ARRLDX CW ZF2NT SOSB/80 HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 22 22:21:18 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: ZF2NT
Operator(s): ZF2NT
Station: ZF2NT

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: LYB

   80: 1313    58
Total: 1313    58  Total Score = 228,462

The only real problem was that I lost the amp Saturday night...not exactly a
minor problem.  After the contest was over, I attacked the amp and found it was
nothing but a corroded internal connector, something I could easily have fixed
had I had a clear head at 2 a.m. on the second day of the contest.  This
probably cost me some some points.  But on the other hand, conditions on 80 were
incredible.  The band was super quiet, a welcome change from recent contests I
have done.  Signals were stronger Friday night than Saturday night, but even on
Saturday I found I was digging west coast QRP stations out of the mud.  That's
not a normal state of affairs from the tropics, so we should be thankful for the
band conditions we had on LF.