[3830] ELECRAFT QSO PARTY (EQP) March 11

J F phriendly1 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 08:48:58 EST 2006

For those who may be interested and hope to see you
there!
73,
Julius
n2wn
K2/100 #3311

http://www.elecraft.com/Awards/eqp_2006.htm

ELECRAFT QSO PARTY (EQP) RULES AND FAQ
Revision date: Feb 22, 2006

Please DO NOT call or e-mail Elecraft regarding EQP.
Post questions to our email reflector. Thanks!

Object: To have fun, work old and new friends, work
new S/P/C's (States/Provinces/Countries) for awards,
and optionally collect some Elecraft rig serial
numbers.  Open to everyone - no Elecraft rig required.

When: 1500z March 11 to 1500z March 12, 2006 (second
full weekend in March).  You can operate any number of
hours during this period.

Bands: Use 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 Meters ONLY.

Suggested Frequencies:

CW:  1805-1815 (EU:1830-1850), 3530-3540, 7030-7040,
14050-14060, 21050-21060,  28050-28060

SSB: 1845-1855 and 1905-1915, 3850-3900
(EU:3750-3800), 7250-7300 (EU:7050-7100), 14250-14300,
21300-21350, 28300-28350

DIGITAL:

PSK31 - commonly used frequencies (e.g. near 14070)

RTTY  - commonly used frequencies (except 7080-7090 to
avoid CW stations near 7040)

Multiple Contacts with Same Station:

Each station may be worked on each mode and each band
for QSO credit.  The three modes are CW, SSB, and
Digital.

Exchange:

Elecraft rig users: RST, S/P/C, rig & serial # (e.g.
"559 CA 13000")

 For serial number:    Use number to indicate rig
(K2=2, K1=1, KX1=0) followed immediately by serial
number (e.g. 23000 = K2 with S/N of 3000)

Others:  RST, S/P/C, power output  (e.g. "559 FL 5W")

QSO Points(All modes):

Elecraft s/n logged = 5 points

Different continent = 4 points

Output power logged = 2 points

Multiplier:

S/P/C total for all bands and modes.

The same station may be worked on all bands and modes
for QSO points and S/P/C credit

Power Multiplier:

CW/Digital Modes:         SSB PEP:

0 - <250mW = X15          0 - <500mW = X15

250mW - <1W = X10       500mW - <2W = X10

1W - 5W = X7                   2W - 10W = X7

  >5W = X1                        >10W = X1

Highest power used at any time on any mode determines
multiplier. Please limit power to 100W maximum.

Score:   QSO points X S/P/C's X Power Mult

Submission Info:

Name, Callsign, S/P/C, Score Summary, Station
Equipment

Send to: eqp at elecraft.com by April 12

Also include soapbox, but no logs (EQP is based on
honor system)

Awards:  Certificate for top US and DX entries.

Additional Important Notes:

1. No cross-mode QSOs

2. Packet use is encouraged during the contest.  Feel
free to  spot stations calling "CQ EQP".

3. Avoid nets and FISTs frequencies.  When using QRP
calling frequencies, use QRP power (5W or less for
CW/Digital, 10W PEP or less for SSB).

4. Have longer QSOs than just EQP exchange if you
wish.

Frequently asked questions:

Q: What are S/P/C's???

A: States (U.S.)/Provinces (Canada)/Countries (DXCC
list)

Q: Do I need to use an Elecraft rig or contact
stations so equipped?

A: No, But Elecraft rig users should send their rig
types and serial numbers.

Q: Why the cryptic method of sending Elecraft rig and
S/N?

A: For existing software to properly interpret this
field, the string must contain only numeric digits.
If an alpha character is found, the software will
interpret the string as power.

Q: Is there any incentive to work stations who are
using Elecraft rigs?

A: Yes.  QSOs count five points and also count toward
Elecraft CC and WAS awards.

Q: How do I call CQ so people will know I'm
participating?