[3830] NAQP RTTY W0YK Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 26 00:28:16 EST 2006

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: W0YK
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: W0YK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

   10:    8     1
-------------------
Total:  518   149  Total Score = 77,182

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

Not good, not good.  My SO1R stretch goal was 600 x 190.  With 10 dead, much of
the shortfall is accounted for.  However, the time NOT spent on 10 didn't
produce anything helpful on the other bands.  If these numbers had been achieved
in five hours, instead of ten, it would have been a lot more fun!

You gotta love RTTY.  We don't have frequency fights ... we have frequency
love-ins.  I tuned across K6RIM on 80 calling a K9.  No response after a couple
of repeat calls, so I dropped my call sign in, assuming 'RIM would just work me
instead.  He demurred, but K6CTA dropped HIS call sign in.  'RIM couldn't resist
and worked 'CTA.  Hmmm ... well, I tried again, but 'RIM still didn't pick me up
(it was our fifth band).  Then N6RCE drops his call sign in the group.
Meanwhile the K9 is not to be heard.  I figured the frequency needed some
organization, so I called CQ.  'RCE worked me, followed by 'CTA and then 'RIM
got the message and he worked me.  Beyond those three quick Q's, it turned out
to be a great run frequency for another 20 minutes.  Thanks, Al!

73,
W0YK