[3830] NAQP RTTY W1ZT Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 26 08:49:50 EST 2006

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: W1ZT
Operator(s): W1ZT
Station: W1ZT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MA

Total:  517   141  Total Score = 72,897

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: SO1R

Comments:

Nice to get back to some RTTY contesting and print many familiar calls as well
as lots of new ones.  Activity and conditions continue to decrease from last
year which I'm sure is related to propagation.  But I thought the operating
skill and efficiency of exchange buffers has generally improved.  I only had a
couple occurrences of someone sending there exchange when they first call.  And
only one reverse transmission but it did create havoc as he also wanted to send
the exchange at the same time.  It stopped the rhythm for several minutes.  It
was really nice to hear the DX station participants.  Signals from CN2KD, Z31MM
and HB9ADJ were particularly good on several bands here.  A snow storm here
created very high static crashes on 80m which were particularly devastating in
my last half hour of operation.  Thanks to all for their patience to repeat
because the bursts seemed timed to ruin decoding of the normal exchange info.
And thanks to the sponsors and volunteers who make these QSO parties so
enjoyable.