[3830] ARRLDX CW W1WEF SOAB HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 26 17:52:42 EST 2006

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1WEF
Operator(s): W1WEF
Station: W1WEF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CT

Total: 2194   356  Total Score = 2,343,192

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I guess fighting a bad cold was my best excuse for not sticking with it. Quit at
midnite Fri nite, even though rates were very good. For the first ten hours or
so that I operated, I averaged over 100 an hour, but even that wasn't enough to
keep me going. After the contest found that one 80 vertical wire had broken in
high winds just before the start and on the first day, and lots of trees and
branches were down on elevated radials. Fortunately the beams all survived.JACK
W1WEF