[3830] CQ160 SSB K3VOA(K4ZW) Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 27 11:07:37 EST 2006

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K3VOA
Operator(s): K4ZW
Station: K3VOA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: DC

Total:  QSOs = 105  State/Prov = 30  Countries = 3  Total Score = 8,646

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wife was out of town this weekend so I decided to drive up to work Saturday
night and put the club station on the air for a few hours.  The amp does not
have 160 so that made things challenging.  Our 160 antenna leaves a lot to be
desired too.  It's a dipole with the feedpoint about 15' off the roof (6 floors
up).  The resonant point is well below the band and very sharp so a tuner had to
be used.  We'll play with this some more once the WX warms up.

73
Ken K4ZW