[3830] CQ160 SSB N4PN Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 27 20:23:02 EST 2006

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Macon, GA

Total:  QSOs = 748  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 32  Total Score = 166,144

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Didn't get too excited about this one this year. Last year operated from W8JI
and knew this would be a downer operating from home w/Inv Vee and no rcve
antennas. But, Friday night was great....Almost without exception, the follow-
ing called me: 5B, 9A, C6, CO, CU, DL, EA, EA8, F, G, GM, HA, HI, HR, I, KH6,
KL7, KP4, KV4, LU, OE, OK, PJ2, S5, SP, TI, UA, UA2, VE, XE, YU & YV.

Getting into the late night hours on Saturday night and still had not worked
OR, WY, KH6 or KL7. Then at 0618z W7ACD called from OR and at 0811z KH7X
called from HI - big signal!! Then soon after at 0850z NJ7T called from WY.
With 49 states didn't give much hope for working all 50 for the first time
ever....but Rich, KL7RA called me at 1125z!!! Thanks Rich you made my wkend.

After all of this - my score of 166,144 is only down 238,337 points from
last years 404,481 from Tom's place...different world!

Storms on Saturday and going well into the night and constant rain made the
second day a real effort but as always it was fun....my ears will never be
the same after those 25-30db over crashes.

Only heard one mult that I didn't work - VE4 in the first hour or so of the
contest working someone but I couldn't run him down. Never heard him again.
Seems funny not working PEI but never heard anyone from there.

'Til next time,
73, Paul, N4PN