[3830] CQ160 SSB W1CTN Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 28 17:13:02 EST 2006

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W1CTN
Operator(s): W1CTN
Station: W1CTN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CT

Total:  QSOs = 243  State/Prov = 38  Countries = 9  Total Score = 28,764

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Only a limited effort this year due to the ARRL DX SSB Test coming up. Friday
night was very good with minimal QRN. It was nice to say hello to all of my 160
contest buddies.

I had nice run frequencies on the high end. A "F" and "OL" called me at 1970
kHz. Makes me smile when my pop gun station has DX calling in on 160.

Rig: FT 1000 mp @ 100 watts
Ant: 1/4 wave inverted L over 30 100 ft radials in a 180 degree pattern

I hope to put up a light weight 60 foot tower to extend my vertical section to
60'. Once the tower is up I will construct my 160 M inverted L cage. It's not
easy to build the cage using a tree for the support.

Hope to see everyone in the 160 contests next year.

73
Dave W1CTN