[3830] RTTY Roundup WA2ETU Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 9 10:12:22 EST 2006

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: WA2ETU
Operator(s): WA2ETU
Station: WA2ETU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WNY

Total: 1337  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 63  Total Score = 156,429

I made a tactical error by starting too early on Sunday morning when there was
little activity.  20m didn't open until more than an hour later than I expected.
 This caused me to have to take down time when there was more activity.  The
signals from EU on 15m were generally weak.  Worked a lot of stations with no
S-meter movement.  I found 10m to be open to the west coast for several hours on
Sunday, but there is little incentive to work a band without significant
activity in this contest.  There did not appear to be any multipliers on 10m
then weren't available on other bands.  80m was in great shape with nice
activity to EU.

The most unusual situation I ran across was a station that actually drifted out
of my bandpass during each transmission he made.  I had to have my hand on the
RIT to copy him.