[3830] RTTY Roundup KE5OG Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 9 21:59:41 EST 2006

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KE5OG
Operator(s): KE5OG
Station: KE5OG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

Total: 1243  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 45  Total Score = 124,300

What a great contest. I missed OK, DE and DC. I never heard any of them. I tried
10 a few times and even called CQ there, but to no avail. Conditions were Ok in
West Texas for the most part, but as usual during this part of the cycle, the
European openings just don't last very long. My multiplier count was up but
still short of where I need to be.

I did notice several stations that must have been running AFC. I ended up
chasing them around the band a little bit. And as usual RTTY Ops are the best on
crowded bands.

I have been working on my station and technique and managed to increase my score
by 50% over last year but I was still just a tad short of my goals. My overall
goal was to try and get within shouting distance of AA5AU. Darned if Don didn't
go and break his own world record. My congratulations Don. (It was especially
good to know you had recovered and gotten your station back together). And
congratulations to N0AC for the great score. Larry would be very proud.

I have a year to think about it and try a little more tweaking. Thanks for all
the Q's.

Bill