[3830] NAQP CW VA7ST Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 15 01:22:15 EST 2006

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  737   172  Total Score = 126,764

Club:

Team: TCG: The President...

Comments:

Gear:
* FT920
* N1MM Logger
* 3 el. tribander @ 50'
* pair of 80M delta loops pointed east
* pair of 40M delta loops pointed east
* 160M Inverted-L (80 vertical, 50 horizontal) with 10 random radials

Took this contest more seriously than any previous NAQP CW. Missed the January
running last year as I stayed in RTTY Roundup -- no conflict this time.

Had a goal of breaking 100,000 points. Figured I'd need 600 Qs to do it. Was
thrilled to hit the point goal and end up with 126,000 on 737 Qs and 172
mults.

Year-over-year stats:

Year  Qs   Mults  Score
========================
2003: 412  147    60,564
2004: 206   62    12,772
2005: --    --        --
2006: 737  172   126,764

15M and 20M were quite good today. 40M was horrible (I think I stayed too long
on 20, as 40 was dead meat after my 2 hour break, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Pacific).

80M wasn't great -- quite noisy, but in the later hours propagation improved and
I found lots of stations.

160M was much better in the final couple of hours, and noisy in the early
evening.

Had a great time in this one. Wanted to have a decent (SO1R) score to add to our
TCG team, in honor of Larry W0ETC. (Was really nice to hear so many sending
Larry today). Sure missed LAR IA.

Ended at 0559z drying to get the attention of W3DXX in DE for one last mult on
160M. Ran out of time, but I was smilin' anyway.

-- Bud, VA7ST