[3830] NAQP SSB K6LA Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 22 13:05:29 EST 2006

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   18     8
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  912   183  Total Score = 166,896

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

With 75 minutes to go, the 2nd radio wouldn't tune. 20-20 hindsight, I should
have gotten out of the chair and pushed on the connectors on the control cables
leading to the band pass filter. That solved the problem this morning. But I
didn't, so my 80 and 160m totals suffered. Not that it would have made that much
of a difference because my 80 & 160m totals ALWAYS suffer.

15m took a while to get going after the start. I probably should have started on
20m and then moved to 15m. 40m seemed to go away for a few hours right after
sunset here, but then came back. 80m seemed long all night, but I couldn't be
heard. Not the usual CA/OR/WA hordes on the low bands this time.

Never heard ND, ME or the maritimes.

73, Ken, K6LA