[3830] NAQP SSB N6HC Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 22 13:16:53 EST 2006

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N6HC
Operator(s): N6HC
Station: N6HC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total: 1203   191  Total Score = 229,773

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

There must have been a special cloud of ionization over Orange county, CA on
January 21, 2006 because I had the most incredible 10 hours of operating in the
NAQP SSB contest, especially on 20 meters.  I have never experienced constant
"running" of stations like this except from a DX contest location (KH6, XE2) or
DXpedition station (K7C). Almost all the stations I heard were loud or extremely
loud, and I rarely had to bother digging out weaker stations. I never had a
computer "burp" using a DOS logging program (TR v6.51) and the transceiver and
antennas "behaved" themselves.  No interruptions from neighbors complaining of
RFI (100 watts doesn't bother their portable phones or stereos).  I was well
rested before the contest and "assisted" by the XYL who feed and "hydrated" me
on my off times. A big thank you to all the callers who kept my two finger
typing at an average rate over the entire contest of two Qs a minute.  If I
could only duplicate this performance in SS or CQWW.
Best regards,
Arnie N6HC