[3830] NAQP SSB NN3W(@W9GE) Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 23 08:22:21 EST 2006

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: W9GE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

   10:    4     2
-------------------
Total: 1058   190  Total Score = 201,020

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Congressmen

Comments:

Thanks always to Bob W9GE and his wife Jan for putting up with me yet again, and
for feeding me.  Thanks especially to Bob for getting this station SO2R
"compatible" using a WX0B box that works well.  The thing is not totally wired
in yet, but is 90% there and the second radio QSOs show for it.  The station
worked very well and I felt loud on the low bands.

I've decided that this contest is the West Coast's way of getting back at the
East Coast for all of those DX contests.  Operating from here was awful on 15
and somewhat better on 20.  Like the DX contests, West coasters bulk up by
running lots and lots of JAs.  You make tons of Qs, but your mult count is not
there.  This was the case here.  I ran stations in Arizona, Washington and
California all afternoon, but god help me if I could find a single station in
Ohio or Connecticut.  So, the Left coasters are my JAs and the West Coasters get
to work varied multipliers in the Midwest and East Coast!

40 and 80 were wild, and the runs, where there were runs, were terrific.  41
minutes with 4 Qs in the minute; 13 minutes with 5 Qs in the minute; and at
2318, a 6 Q minute.  Can't complain there.