[3830] CQ160 CW W3USA(K8MR) Single Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 20:15:09 EST 2006

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W3USA
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 3:08

Total:  QSOs = 338  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 16  Total Score = 57,828

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

ATTENTION KIDS: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS IN AN ARRL CONTEST!  IT IS ILLEGAL!!

However, CQ has no hangups about using a second call, which I did on Sunday
afternoon.  The initial packet pileup was wild, with a peak 10 qso rate of
251/hr. The rate stayed good until about 23z, when I noted a persistent weak
signal on my frequency. After a bit I took time to listen carefully, and
realized it was a DL CQing underneath me.  Soon after that I took off to chase
some mults, and ended up with 13 EU countries, more than I've ever done in a
contest from home.  I missed only NF in eastern W/VE (I did get VO2AC), but
since it was still daylight out west, missed all of W6, W7, CO, and VE4 and
west.

Being fresh meat is fun!

73  -  Jim   K8MR