[3830] CQ160 CW VE7GL Multi-Op HP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 22:43:18 EST 2006

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE7GL
Operator(s): VE7GL VA7AO VA7OO
Station: VE7GL

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Chilliwack

Total:  QSOs = 801  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 12  Total Score = 288,610

Club: Chilliwack ARC

Comments:

Furious wind storms and rain static made for some interesting operating.  The
160M antenna is an elevated inverted L with the horizontal strung between 65' of
4" pipe mounted on the side of a pine tree and strung over to the top of another
pine tree.  The horizontal is at about 90' and the radials are full sized and
also elevated.  I'm amazed the antenna survived the storm.

Non-existant polar propagation this weekend. We heard a few but only worked one
European.  Nothing on the long path.  Signals from Japan and the east coast were
great.

Dale VE7GL
http://ve7gl.reboot.bc.ca