[3830] CQ160 CW KA1ARB Single Op LP

webform@b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 22:47:00 EST 2006

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KA1ARB
Operator(s): KA1ARB
Station: KA1ARB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC

Total:  QSOs = 120  State/Prov = 28  Countries = 0  Total Score = 7,420

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My first experience Top Band (not including 2 contacts last week in NAQP into an
80 m dipole).  I temporarily draped an inverted-L over the boom of my tribander
at 40 feet and out to a distant tree as the sun was setting Saturday night.  I
needed an antenna tuner to load it, so I was Low Power.  No DX nor anybody
farther west than IA, but I did have a very few brief runs up and down the east
coast.  Thanks for digging me out, guys!

This was also my first experience using paddles (thanks to Jim, K4QPL).  I have
just recently been bit by the CW bug again, and I'm graduating from my original
Novice straight key.  As many of you now know first hand, my crummy straight key
fist has progressed to an even worse paddle fist.  If we scored points for extra
dits and dahs, I'd be top ten!  It felt like there was plenty of patience from
everybody, and I had a great time.  I've heard somewhere that CW is dying, but
it sure is coming alive for me.

I hope these bleeps and bloops keep echoing in my head for a while.

73,
   Rob, KA1ARB