[3830] ARRL FD AB7E 1E QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 3 03:05:24 EDT 2006

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: AB7E
Operator(s): AB7E
Station: AB7E

Class: 1E QRP
QTH: Arizona

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  330     0       0  Total Score = 3,300

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

I prefer to operate Field Day in class 1B but didn't have the chance to make an
outing of it this year, so settled for 1E instead using a marine battery and my
trusty K1.  Antennas were still just wire dipoles since our house is still under
construction and I don't have anything better up in the air yet.  I messed up
big time, though ... about midnight I discovered I had the antenna switch in
the wrong position.  I couldn't figure out why contacts had been so darn
difficult, and running had been almost impossible.  The K1's internal tuner
said I was putting out 5 watts, but who knows where it was going.  My rates
more than doubled once I switched to the proper antenna.  Oh well ... I only
managed 13 hours operating anyway due to interruptions and old age.

My score shown is the raw score.  I'll get another 150 points for bonuses.