[3830] IARU W4ATL SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 9 13:48:54 EDT 2006

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W4ATL
Operator(s): W4ATL
Station: W4ATL

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: GA

  160:    20      0     7
   80:   132     15    12
   40:   276     22    38
   20:   255    242    53
   15:    71     67    24
   10:    29      2     6
---------------------------
Total:  1131   2825   140  Total Score = 395,500

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I ended up using the home station with some power since conditions were not so
good with the low sunspot cycle.  Scheduling did not allow me to go to K4JPD's
station so I had to make do with my little pistol station.

I was able to get a lot of practice using SO2R in both modes with this contest.
 It was getting a bit boring in the early Sunday morning hours, but I decided to
keep going because that's what the guys in Brazil were doing!  It was fun to
participate in WRTC2006 from home and give the guys and gals down there some
contacts.

This was my first big contest using N1MM Logger and it worked very well.  I
also tried my new microKeyer to do CW keying and voice keying and it worked
well.  I finally found something to interface the radio to my computer to do
voice keying that sounds good!

Ten Tec Orion
Elecraft K2
Alpha 374A