[3830] IARU KZ5D SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 9 14:49:03 EDT 2006

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: KZ5D
Operator(s): KZ5D
Station: KZ5D

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: LA

  160:    23    0       8
   80:   171    0      21
   40:   363    0      47
   20:   730    0      67
   15:   212    0      31
   10:   172    0      16
---------------------------
Total:  1671    0     190  Total Score = 983,630

This is one of my favorite contests. And conditions were much better here than I
expected. The 10 meter opening even provided some EU mults! However, EU sigs
were very weak at my QTH on 20 M until Saturday night. For the first half of
the contest, I seemed to be in a stateside contest with mostly US and VE calls
in the log. Even 160 and 80 quited down during the evening, but activity was
very low. Perhaps more guys should try these two bands every now and then.
After all, a mult is a mult, no matter wher you find it!

Thanks to all for the QSOS.

Although I don't have a spread sheet with teh rate, I was very pleased to start
the contest with 4 consecutive hours of over 100 Qs (103, 101, 118, and 116).

This was my highest QSO total in the contest in CW only. Point totals reflect
all of the stateside Qs vs. other years when EU accounted for a larger
percentage of the total (and provided higher average points per QSO).