[3830] IARU N6WG SO CW QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 9 14:51:46 EDT 2006

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: Newark CA

  160:    0     0       0
   80:    0     0       0
   40:   30     0       6
   20:  103     0      23
   15:   22     0       4
   10:    8     0       4
---------------------------
Total:  163     0      38  Total Score = 16,226

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Boy, this was a particularly brutal outing here.
My highest rate in any hour was only 17 Qs, and my
lowest was 2!

At times in the early afternoon it seemed as if the
sun had done a number on us and everyone went home.  I
could find very few signals on the bands at those times,
but fortunately things improved toward evening.  By late
evening I was working Europe over the N pole with some
dependability.  I was surprised how many stations could
even hear me, they were so weak here.  Must be some
terrific stations and operators there.

I did pick up two new DXCC entities this year, YL4HQ and
OH0R.  I enjoyed adding them to the list I pencil in on my
DXCC master.

I quit early, as I was just plain tired from battling the
really crummy conditions through the afternoon.  Next year
I'll skip the afternoon and save my energy for the evening
and night.  I'd still like to pull an all-nighter like I do
in the winter contests.

Now to start prepping for the NAQP.  See you all in the contest.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude