[3830] IARU K7NV SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 10 02:26:02 EDT 2006

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station: K7NV

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Zone 6

  160:   11             5
   80:   88            12
   40:  151            19
   20:  345            34
---------------------------
Total:  595     0      70  Total Score = 139,090

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Didn't even think I would even get on and make a single Q.....
Had way too much work on, because I took last weekend off to go see my Dad for
the 4th.
Sat nite I totally blew my work plan and turned the stuff on and goofed around
for a while S&P'ing.
Found 14.026 vacant and decided to see what a cq would do......the next 3 1/2
hours were a real good time working our friends in EU, even the S0 guys. The
short term rate meter made it to 135, one full hour made 98, which is a hoot
for a little TH7 at 45' on a high desert sandbox. Thanks to all the EU guys that
hung in there to make a Q!

So much for anymore work that nite.....

Had a great time, finally found the WRTC guys on 40m, lots of them found
me....kudos to you guys for being on the second rig and ripping off the extra
Q!

Wish I could have done a full bore effort, but this little stint was real fun.
I crashed TR several times with RF from my low, low band antennas, and had so
much dust in my Vibroplex keys, because I wasn't prepared for a real contest,
that I sounded like a goon when trying to manually send stuff. Totally spazoid
stuff came off those keys...Sorry guys ;-)

Thanks to everyone for a few hours of great fun with friends!

73, Kurt