[3830] NCCC Sprint(7-14) W0BH LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jul 14 16:06:51 EDT 2006

                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (7-14)

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS

  160:   1      1
   80:   8      4
   40:  17     10
   20:  14      9
-------------------
Total:  40     24  Total Score = 960

My last NS here in KS before heading off on vacation on Saturday. Signals were
booming in on 20m and I started off great although wasn't getting through as
often as usual on the first calls. After missing several 59+20 signals (AF off
the back of the beam I thought), I rotated the beam east and no change. Oops,
the first ten minutes were on my 40m dipole. Called and missed at least five
mults on 20m and wondered why few answered my CQs. I didn't catch it sooner
because conditions were so good I was getting out anyway. What could have
been!

40m was good, 80 noisy, and 160 a bust except for W5JAW braving the static
crashes into Kansas. I always learn something each week from NS and of course
wish I had it to do over again.

Next week I'll try to make NS#12 portable or mobile from a campground in
Madison, WI, so look for me there on 20 and 40. Until next time ..

73, Bob, w0bh