[3830] CQWW VHF KD2MX SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 17 10:47:36 EDT 2006

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: KD2MX
Operator(s): KD2MX
Station: KD2MX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Oakland, NJ

    2:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  107    63  Total Score = 6,867

This was my first CQ VHF contest and I've been looking forward to it as I had
missed the June contest and the the 6M fireworks.  This weekend capped an
amazing week of what is my first Es season in many, many years as I was lucky
enough to catch the opening to Europe on Wednesday.

The contest was a blast as the band was wide open much of the time and I was
able to pick up many new states & grids, using just 100w into an attic loop.
Though I wasn't able to grab any of the double-hop on Saturday afternoon or
crack a few of the pileups, I had a great time.  The band died out Sunday at
about around 1800 here, making me wish I had gotten an earlier start, but I had
elected an early morning bike ride instead.

I didn't know that this is pretty much just a 6-meter event and was
disappointed at the lack of 2-meter activity.  Oh well, I guess everybody has
too much fun on 6 to bother.