[3830] CQWW VHF N5BO SOSB/6 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 20 17:52:13 EDT 2006

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: N5BO
Operator(s): N5BO
Station: N5BO

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: Florida EM60

    6:  559   147
Total:  559   147  Total Score = 82,173

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Florida Contest Group - Panhandle
6M5X @ 25FT
TS2000 @ 100w

Band was amazing leading up to the contest, but quickly slowed down after the
first hour.  I had a rate well above 200 for the first 30-40 minutes of the
contest, but ended with 156 Q's at 1900z.  6M was very marginal and spotty for
the remainder of Saturday after the first couple of hours.  I could never get a
rate going and mostly heard the big guns going at it.  Sunday was not any
better, mostly spotty openings so I gave up on the contest to find some new DX
to work.  Was happy to find 5B4FL CQing on 50081 and worked for new one!  The
band finally picked up again at 1900z and I was able to produce a prety good
rate on CW and SSB.

Was nice hearing some decent acitivty on 6M CW for a change!  Also thanks to
the rovers who visited the multiple grids.  I'll have a better setup next year,
so I hope to produce a better score if the prop gods allow!

Justin
N5BO