[3830] NCCC Sprint(7-21) W0BH/9 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jul 21 16:42:14 EDT 2006

                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (7-21)

Call: W0BH/9
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH/9

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  18     13
   20:   3      3
-------------------
Total:  21     16  Total Score = 336

I almost checked West of the Mississippi without thinking .. greetings from WI!
I put up a 20/40m dipole set in the tree in our campground and used the
706MkIIG in the Astro van this evening. The headlamp drew a few mosquitos but
the main distraction was some really bad powerline noise on 20m. The band
seemed to be open, but the buzz was too bad to hear through. Stayed there too
long before going to 40m and surprised some of you with the /9 !

I really appreciate the effort required to pull this off. Special thanks and
congratulations to Bill for a resounding success. All the new calls late in the
game should be an indication of even better participation to come. My Thursday
evenings have been memorable and I learned lots from the really FB ops on
board.

It sounds like we'll continue to have fun on Thursday evenings, so if something
comes together, listen for me portable from MB next week .. way north in
Churchill on Hudson Bay if we stay on schedule.  Until next time ...

73, Bob, w0bh/9