[3830] K8AJS - NS July 28

John E Bastin jbastin at sssnet.com
Fri Jul 28 09:11:54 EDT 2006

NCCC Practice - July 28 2006

Band        QSOs       Mult
  40          12          6
  20          26          7

              38         13       494 points

I had the normal number of contacts, but signals seemed weaker
this time, and my multiplier count was way down. I missed John,
K4BAI, whom I heard once at the very beginning of the contest
and then never again.

The two-band structure seems to really favor the SO2R stations,
they can put one radio on each band and stay there the whole
time, never having to change. The B2B contact is a plus also,
although I suspect that the frequency of occurrence isn't such
that it would add a lot to the score.

I missed 80 meters, for sure. Even this time of year, being able
to pick up a few Qs and multipliers in the last 5 or 7 minutes of
the 'test is always a benefit. I didn't even listen to it this
time, though, so it may have been too noisy to be a benefit. We
have had a lot of rain and storms in the area in the last few hours.

See you all next week!

Rig: FT1000MP 100 watts
Antennas: 3 ele quad, 204-foot G5RV
Software: WriteLog 10.55d