[3830] IOTA AA4V SO12Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 30 21:03:55 EDT 2006

                    IOTA Contest

Call: AA4V
Operator(s): AA4V
Station: AA4V

Class: SO12Mixed HP
QTH: NA110

   80:    0       0        0       0
   40:    1       0        0       0
   20:   71      11      310      32
   15:   63      14       26       6
   10:    0       0        1       0
Total:  135      25      377      38  Total Score = 163,296

All the best laid plans.... I was going to do a 12 hour mixed effort and
started off at 1200Z on 20M. I had decided to work the first 4 hours until
1600Z
and resume at 2000Z. I was trying to average 100 contacts per hour for the 12
hours stretch and things were looking good at 1600Z with 410 QSOs in the log.
Propogation in my area on 15 and 20 usually take a dive in the 1600-1900Z time
frame. When 2000Z came, the skies looked ominous with dark clouds
and thunder. The QRN on 15 and 20 was 9/20 from every area around me as I
turned the beam. Then the skies opened and we were pelted with very heavy rain
(3 inches
in the first hour) and tremendous lightning. This kept up off and on until
after
0400Z when I decided that it wasn't going to improve and I hit the sack.  I
apologise to all who called me while this was going on as the QRN was
impossible to overcome. Maybe next year......